Before beginning the description of how to hire full stack developers. Lets have a look at the basics of web development and the meaning of full stack development.
A web development process have a three tier architecture:
- Presentation layer: The presentation layer is also known as front end part of the website. It deals with the UI related issues of the website.
- Business logic layer: Business logic layer is also known as the backend layer of the website and it is responsible for data validation and processing the content dynamically.
- Database layer: Finally the data access layer, utilizes the data for the website using an API.
All the above three layers together are called full stack web development.
What Is Full Stack Development ?
Earlier whenever a website was required to be developed a front end developer and a backend developer was hired separately. Now, times have changed with the introduction of Full stack development. In full stack development, the entire project is allocated to a person who is capable of handling front-end and back-end of the website.
Defining Full Stack Developers
A big myth about full stack developers is; they are masters in all the frontend and backend technologies.
What is a full stack developer?
Heard about LAMP Stack?
LAMP stack stands for LINUX-APACHE-MYSQL-Perl/PHP. In early 2000 full stack developers were the ones having a deep understanding of all the four LAMP stack, Linux is now outdated. This is the era of MEAN Stack Developers ( MongoDB, Express.JS, Angular.JS, Node.JS ). A full stack developer today is able to handle the complete MEAN stack.
What To Look For In A Full Stack Developer:
Gone are the days when developers used to excel in a particular language or technology. Today developers are all rounders. So when you are looking to hire full stack developers, evaluate the skills set and qualities of the developer.
While hiring a full stack developer, the following are the must have qualities:
- Knowledge of designing and developing mobile apps and websites
- Capable of the team working, able to co-operate with programmers, product developers, and other staff members to create and launch new projects.
- Identify and bug-fix issues of the apps or website
- Develop testing procedures for new projects
- Manage all the development phase of the project
Wondering the skill sets of a full stack developer? We have a list:
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- API design and development
- RESTful Services
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
Top Programming Languages For Full Stack Web Development:
It’s not necessary that the full stack developers will have an expertise on all the front-end and backend programming languages. But there are some basic languages that a full stack developer must be comfortable to work on, check out the list of full stack development below:
- MongoDB for the database
- Express.js for the web framework
- AngularJS for the front-end framework
- Node.js for the server platform
The backend part of a project provides the server side and database. Languages like Python, PHP and Ruby defines a perfect backend support for a website or a mobile app.
PHP: PHP has the ability to enhance the appearance and functionality of a website and can be easily used with HTML language.
RUBY: RUBY IS USED for developing user-friendly and effective interfaces. Ruby is an object oriented, dynamic web programming language.
Python: Python allows easy developing of applications by testing and importing crucial functions with its rapid prototyping and dynamic programming scheduling.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Fullstack Developer?
The cost to hire a full stack developer is the most curious question a person has before hiring a full stack developer. As per the Indeed’s analysis for Full stack developer salary in the US, The average full stack web developer salary is around $110.800. to know the benefit you can simply compare the annual salary of back-end developer and front-end developer separately.
On the other hand hiring a full stack developer on the part-time basis will cost around $55. Thinking why people hire part-time developers? Let me explain you; a full-time full stack developer doesn’t only take the salary. It requires other costs as well like: Taxes, HR expenses, technical equipment, electricity, insurance and the list is never ending.
Mistakes To Avoid While Hiring A Full Stack Developer?
Consider avoiding the Three common mistakes of hiring a full stack developer:
Limiting the search:
People generally limit their searches in their local region and community. In the areas that don’t have a heavy tech, presence might result in wasting your time. Instead, what you can do is; look for a proficient and experienced developer anywhere around the globe including US, UK, Australia, Canada and Europe. In today’s, digital world communication is easy and secured so you don’t have to scare for any scam. The broader you will search the better you will find.
Expecting too much:
Believing that a freelance full stack developer will be the master of all the stacks will mislead you.
It’s impractical to think that a full stack developer’s front-end code would be equally robust as a front-end developer’s code.
Rather, consider full stack developers as generalists. A generalist’s work will never measure up to a specialist’s, however, the generalist can deal with more areas. Full stack developers can be astounding product administrators and can facilitate with both the front-end and back-end or have a considerable part in making a base feasible product. Ensure that you are hiring a full stack developer for the correct reasons, and don’t squander your time pursuing a coding wizard who can do totally everything, because of the fact that those full stack developers essentially don’t exist.
Hiring without a technical support
If you are not much tech-savvy, then you must need a technical component to help you. You can contact a web development and Mobile App Development company that can help you in hiring Full stack developer. Most importantly, don’t surge the hiring procedure. Full stack web developers have a varied and complicated skill set, so make sure to take your time to decide whether they are equipped with the skills for the work you’d like them to do.
How You Can Hire Best Full Stack Developers?
Need to hire remote full stack developers urgently? Begin utilizing EWW’s to the source, evaluate and talk with the best Full-Stack Developers faster. Locate the correct developers to meet your hiring targets. Evaluate the genuine abilities, not the CV. Talk with developers by utilizing online chats and video calls. Procure Top Web Developers and Programmers utilizing Excellent Webworld’s full stack development solutions.
10 Full Stack Developer Interview Questions
1. What’s the difference between Multithreading vs select?
2. Identify SQL join types
3. What is REST?
4. What is CORS, JSONP?
5. What is map reduce?
6. What is character encoding?
7. How do you test your code?
8. Elaborate on a virtual method table
9. List the methods to scale a database?
10. What is the difference between thread and process?
Benefits Of Hiring Full Stack Developer At Excellent Webworld:
- Evaluate the Developer Before Hiring
- Adaptable Hiring Models (Hourly/Weekly/Monthly)
- Rapid and Continuous Communication
- Hire Remote Full Stack Developers with Over 3 Years of Experience
- Hire Remote Full Stack web developer hourly rate Starting from 25$ Per Hour
- Simple Payment Options and Systems
- Committed Developer Working Only for You
- Customer Testimonial and Reference Provided on Requirement
The Tools And Technologies That We Employ For Full Stack Project Development